Sometimes you make choices in life and other times choices make you. At AVANI Victoria Falls we choose to give you refreshing and contemporary accommodation experiences which open the door to new possibilities. Wake up in African paradise. Relax with friends and family. Rest up for a day of adventure. All our rooms and suites are decorated with traditional African charm and a welcoming Zambia-nce. Choose from views of the lush African bush, the sparkling swimming pool, or the gardens in the heart of the resort. Livingstone hotels don’t get cosier than this. Get wild in the heart of Africa, with the iconic Victoria Falls at your doorstep. We put you at the centre of the action right from the start, with an unforgettable water taxi arrival along the Zambezi River. Explore, discover or just relax and let us take care of all the special details that matter.
- Standard Room – Spacious, breezy and comfortable, our Avani Standard Rooms are all about your comfort. Get a peaceful night’s rest. Start your day right with a tea or coffee as you ponder the adventures of the day ahead. Snuggle up with a book or get ready for a day at the pool. Our Livingstone resort gives you all the comforts you need in a superb location.
- Garden Room – Spacious, breezy and comfortable, our Avani Garden Rooms are all about your comfort. Choose your bed. Get a full night’s rest. Start your day right with a tea or coffee as you watch the wildlife wander by. Snuggle up with a movie or get ready for a day of wild adventure. Our Livingstone resort gives you all the comfort you need in an incredible natural setting.
- Family Room – Bring the kids along for a fun-filled stay. Step out into the lush garden, head off on a wildlife adventure, explore Victoria Falls, or cuddle up for an evening of relaxation. This is what hotels in Livingstone, Zambia are all about.
- Superior Room – Turn the dial up on your Avani stay with extra luxuries. Enjoy pampering perks, like express check-in, and sparkling wine on arrival. Toast the amazing views of the African bush or kick back in the pool and gardens. At our Livingstone resort, you can wake up with a freshly brewed espresso from your in-room machine, enjoy a day of wild adventure and strolls around Victoria Falls, and then cuddle up in comfort after a day of exploration.
- Suite – Looking for a resort in Zambia that gives you more space, more comfort and more perks? Then look no further. Your Avani Suite gives you everything you need. It’s also roomy enough to never leave. Get a good night’s sleep. Raid the mini bar. Order breakfast in bed. Relax with a soak after a day out. Suite guests are even treated to express check-in and a glass of bubbles on arrival.
Decadent sit-down meals or quick snacks on the fly. Bright and early breakfasts. Lazy lunches. Mid-afternoon drinks. Our selection of international flavours and local specialities will satisfy even the most particular palate. We cater to every taste with irresistible dining experiences and restaurants. Zambia has never tasted this good.
- Shungu Pool Terrace – Kick back in the African sun and let your stresses wash away while you’re in Zambia. At our pool bar, we bring refreshing sips and savoury bites right to you, so you just worry about topping up your tan. Fill up on wood-fired pizzas baked fresh in front of you, and stretch out with a cold cocktail.
- The Theatre of Food – The Theatre of Food is our poolside venue for casual breakfasts and honest bites – the perfect way to start or end the day. Try something new or tuck into an old favourite at one of the most relaxed (and relaxing) restaurants in Livingstone. Settle in by the pool with evening entertainment for all ages.
- Mukuni Boma – Try Zambian cuisine at its best at Mukuni Boma. Sit under the stars for an authentic boma meal. Lounge fireside with a Zambian feast. Fill up on barbecue meat and spiced delicacies. Enjoy live bands and traditional dancing. Make yourself cosy in our Mukuni Boma Village, on the banks of the majestic Zambezi River. Please note this event is subject to weather conditions.
- The Victoria Falls Ultimate dining Experience – The Ultimate private dinner – Sip Champagne and treat yourself to irresistible flavours against the backdrop of the Victoria Falls. Create a bespoke menu of local and international fare with your personal chef and let your waiter tend to your every need. Sit back and savour every moment – from sunset cocktails to starry African skies. Romantic dining in Zambia doesn’t get better than this, and this experience is exclusive to Avani Victoria Falls Resort.
- Zambian Village Dining Experience – Traditional African Cuisine. Get to know the locals with a Zambian village dining experience. Be regaled with storytelling and cultural touches, from basket making to a trip to the fortune teller. Stretch out on a reed mat and savour an authentic family-style meal cooked over the fire before your eyes.
- In-room Dining – Select from our in-room dining menu and let us bring the restaurant to you. Wake up to breakfast in bed, munch afternoon appetisers, treat yourself to dessert or come home to a warm meal after a day of exploration. Comfort dining in Zambia rarely gets this good.
Activities & Excursions
- Spa – Melt your worries away with a choice of essential beauty and health treatments. Our carefully trained professionals will have you relaxed, recharged and refreshed.
- Only in Zambia Adventures – Apart from being home to the world’s largest waterfall, Zambia is one of Africa’s most acclaimed adventure and extreme sports destinations. These are just a few activities available exclusively on the Zambian side of Victoria Falls: Take a cable car over Batoka Gorge after an exhilarating white water rafting experience. Fly across the breath-taking Gorge in a helicopter. Soar above Victoria Falls in a microlight aircraft and more.
- Devil’s Pool – Visit the historic Livingstone Island and swim at what feels like the edge of the world in the Devil’s Pool. Gaze into the spray over the 350 m falls and see why they call this ‘the smoke that thunders.
- Helicopter Flights – A scenic adventure on one of our helicopter tours will lift your spirits. Witness the incredible power of the Falls from the air and see things from a different perspective.
- Victoria Falls Tour – Witness the might and majesty of one of nature’s greatest treasures. And you can come back day after day with unlimited access throughout your stay. Something this spectacular never gets old.
- Helicopter flight through Batoka Gorge – Watch from above as the mighty Zambezi River carves its way through the steep cliffs of the Batoka Gorge and transforms into the majesty of Victoria Falls.
- Microlight flight of the Angles – Experience a different type of flying adventure with a microlight flight over Victoria Falls. Feel the spray as the flight takes you right over the falls and continues into the valley.
- White Water Rafting – Get as close as you can get to the world’s largest waterfall. Steer your way through the powerful rapids under the supervision of experienced river guides.
- River Cruise – Step back in time and experience the majesty of the Zambezi River and the gracious hospitality of a riverboat cruise.
- Zambian Village Experience – Experience authentic village life as residents take you on an up-close journey, with unique insights into their lifestyle.
- AvaniKids Club – Let the cubs embrace their wild side with activities and adventures for kids. Our trained staff will take care of the details so you can enjoy some you-time. AvaniKids is the perfect spot for kids to be kids, giving parents plenty of free time to discover all the attractions in the area. Our young guests enjoy a variety of activities: full and half-day excursions to places of interest, fun and games, nature walks and more. Open to kids ages 2 – 12 years old from 9:00 am to 04:00 pm. Note: Children between the ages of 2 and 4 years must be accompanied by a parent or babysitter.
Say ‘I do’ against the majestic Victoria Falls. Celebrate your love under the stars. Or explore Zambia’s stunning natural beauty on a honeymoon adventure. Plan an unforgettable wedding in Zambia with venues and details to suit your style. Your dream wedding with Avani Victoria Falls Resort where there is a world of opportunity to create the most colourful memories. Pick and choose every detail for your special day, from the menus to the wedding cake to posing in front of the mighty Victoria Falls. Let us help you plan the perfect day. Let’s get creative!
What you get
- Wedding at the Kingfisher Boma
- Bouquet of Flowers for the Bride
- Wedding ceremony facilitator
- Wedding Cake
- Romantic Turndown
- Photographer (Ceremony & Portrait)
- Flutist or String Duo
- 90 Minute Couples Massage
- Complimentary Upgrade to a next available room type
- Complimentary bottle of Sparkling Wine on Wedding Night
- Personalized planning with our Groups Coordinator to create the perfect moment