Welcome to the magical world of Meeru Island Resort, where your beach holiday dreams truly come alive. Nestled among the sparkling turquoise waters and white sands of one of the world’s most remarkable beaches, this tropical paradise is a haven for relaxation and exploration. At Meeru Island Resort, it is not just about a holiday – it is about creating memories that will last a lifetime. With four decades of excellence in Maldivian hospitality, there are so many ways to enjoy your stay: from exploring the vibrant coral reefs and snorkeling with turtles to visiting our very own state-of-the-art island museum which takes you on a captivating journey through local culture and history. It is time to embark on an extraordinary adventure full of unforgettable experiences at Meeru Island Resort – create Magical Moments without ever leaving the shore!
Experience the unrivalled beauty of the Maldives with a stay at Meeru Island Resort & Spa. With 40 years of hospitality excellence and commitment to innovation, this magical island is the ideal destination for a luxurious tropical getaway. Whether you’re looking to relax or explore all that the Indian Ocean has to offer, Meeru Island Resort & Spa has something for everyone. From magnificent rooms including 77 Jacuzzi Water Villas, 27 Water Front Villas and 73 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, to 10 Two Bedroom Villas, 77 Beach Villas and 20 Garden Rooms – you’ll certainly find your perfect home away from home here. Relaxing days, exquisite evenings, and enchanting nights await!
- Jacuzzi Water Villas (85 sqm) a natural wood finished villa suspended over the turquoise lagoon. The perfect villa for ocean lovers and romance. Slip into the warm Indian Ocean from your private sun-kissed veranda or just relax, end the day in your Jacuzzi with a glass of bubbly as the sun sets.
- Water Front Villas (60 sqm) indulge in beach side bliss with the beach on your door step and the ocean just a few metres away. A private, walled-in outdoor area featuring a Jacuzzi for two allowsfor amazing stargazing after daysfilled with island fun.
- Jacuzzi Beach Villas (80 sqm) feel the sand between your toes and the warm ocean breeze in your hair as you stroll hand in hand along the beach at sunset, thisis what romance is made of. After a leisurely day, take a blissful soak in the Jacuzzi and let all your thoughts just melt away.
- Beach Villas (56 sqm) these spacious, newly renovated individual wooden villas offer beautiful views of the lagoon and the beach on your doorstep, you have arrived in paradise.
- Garden Rooms (50 sqm) located in a ‘U’ shaped block of 20 rooms near the Dhoni Bar pool, these modest and comfortable rooms offer a great place to recharge as you explore the island. They feature an indoor bathroom (not to be confused with a partial open-air bathroom), a privacy screen between rooms, and share a shaded area beneath the coconut palms and views of the natural tropical gardens.
- Two Bedroom Villa ( 86 sqm) As the name suggests, thisspacious villa is equipped with a master bedroom and a twin bedroom, perfect for families and friendstraveling together. Step through the main entrance and onto the foyer separating the two rooms, one on each side, flanking the indoor partially open-air bathroom. This villa is strategically located near dhoni bar, with a children’s playground and wading pool for families looking for a fun family time and to those adventure seekers looking for exciting water activities, the water sports center is only a few steps ahead.
Welcome to Meeru, an unmissable destination for all your dining needs. Here you can explore a unique selection of international cuisines from around the world served up in our exquisite tropical surroundings. Our attentive and experienced staff will ensure that each moment spent with us is truly memorable. Whether you’re wanting to make the most of your holiday or simply enjoy a night out, we have something on our diverse menu to tantalize your taste buds and satisfy any cravings. With two all-you-can-eat buffet style restaurants offering top rated dishes, you’re sure to leave feeling full, content and eager to come back.
- Farivalhu and Maalan offer breakfast, lunch and dinner in an authentic Maldivian atmosphere with thatched roofs, sand floors and open spaces.
- Farivalhu isfor guestsstaying at the southern end of the island, and Maalan is for adults- only and guests staying at the northern end of the island. Guests have access to two seated, fullservice restaurants, both offering in-door and al fresco dining. Choose from Asian Wok, restaurant, specialising in Asian cuisine and Teppanyaki, and the unique Hot Rock experience, located by the Pavilion Bar pool, this restaurant gets its name from the distinct guest culinary journey, here, guests can enjoy seafood, steak or chicken cooked to their preference on heated magma rock, best enjoyed with fine wine.
- Spoilt for choice, guests can also enjoy the four ‘optional’ à la carte choices; an extensive snack menu at the bars and pools, room service, Meeru Café near Dhoni Bar pool also offersice-cream, pastries, specialty coffees and teas, and the ultimate al fresco dining experience with candle light dinners on the beach. Guests can complement their beach filled days with refreshments from one of the bars acrossthe island.
- Try out Dhoni Bar or Pavilion Bar, on the beach; Kakuni Bar, with sports bar facilitiessuch astable tennis, billiards, snooker, foosball, darts, chess, board games and satellite TV coverage of international sporting events. Uthuru Bar isfor guests 18 years and older; all guests can enjoy drinks at Asian Wok Bar or the Hot Rock Bar.
Entertainment includes a night time programme, with a Maldives’ culture & history presentation, a marine preservation slide show, Boduberu cultural dance show, DJ disco, divers’ video, karaoke, movie night, live band, table tennistournament. The resort also features an island lending library where you can take or donate a book, explore the Maldives culture and history at the Meeru Museum or explore the island and experience a Nature Trail or Garden
THE TV ROOM – located in Uthuru Bar this area is great for watching the big game, sports and movies on the satellite TV.
Activities include guided excursionssuch as a complimentary snorkelling boat to the house reef (equipment is not complimentary), a sunset cruise, love boat day sail, turtle explorer, Robinson Crusoe sandbank experience, and more! There is also a weekly programme of sports tournaments.
INTERNET CONNECTION – at Meeru we understand how important it isto share your journey with the people in your life and those quick ‘catch-ups’. We also know that your holiday isthe perfect time to escape and disconnect from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It’s all about balance, so we offer guests’ free WiFi in all villas and select public areas to ensure a great holiday experience.
THE GAMES ROOM is situated in Kakuni Bar and features a host of fun thingsto do, including table tennis, billiards, snooker, foosball table, darts, and board games, while The Games Room in Uthuru Bar offers a selection of the most popular games, including billiards, foosball table, darts and board games.
MEERU’S CORAL GARDEN – The Meeru Coral Garden project is a conservation effort that contributes and enhances the natural live coral within the lagoon of the island. These conservation efforts provide a great snorkelling experience, while allowing Meeru to share the beauty of the Maldives’ Ocean and fostering environmental awarenessthrough interactive guest activities. Meeru guests can snorkel and swim above the coral gardens and take part in guided activities carried out by designated team members. Our dedicated staff are here to educate, inform and create awareness about the coral reef system and increase the resilience of live corals and marine life for generationsto come.
Activities & Excursions
A Maldives holiday is all you need, not all islands are created equal, you’ve come to the right place with Meeru. 1.5 kilometer of beautiful white sandy beach, a magnificent lagoon, great snorkelling and two fresh water swimming pools on the beach – the Dhoni Bar Pool features a children’s wading pool while the Pavilion Bar Pool is an adults’ only area, for guests 18 years and older. A kids’ club, fitness centre, two lighted tennis courts, a golf driving range, putting green, 9 hole pitch ‘n putt golf course, beach volleyball, badminton, pétanque, bicycles, football grounds and fishing excursionsincluding morning, afternoon and deep sea trips.
EURO-DIVERS SCUBA CENTER – featuring guided diving and snorkelling boat trips, equipment and accessory sales, rentals, repairs and a complete PADI instructional programme.
EURO-DIVERS MEERU WATER SPORTS offer rental and instructional lessons, including catamarans, kayaks, wind surfing boards, SUP boards, waterski, wakeboards, fun tube, jet ski.